The following list is a guideline of acceptable materials for your team to use in addition to the playing cards. While this list is not exhaustive, materials straying too far from this list and the essence of the contest (as a showcase of repurposing) may negatively affect your judging scores. Playing cards should comprise the majority of your piece.
- Adhesives and fasteners such as glue, tape, staples, brads, nails, etc.
- Decorative supplies such as paint, markers, crayons, colored pencils, glitter, ribbon, fabric, etc.
- Supporting materials such as string, dowel rods, wire, small pieces of wood, etc.
- Natural materials such as branches, stones, leaves, etc.
- Other paper products such as construction paper, tissue paper, cardboard, etc.
- Other recyclable materials such as cans, bottles, containers, glass, etc.
- Minimal electronic components such as lights, sound playback devices, small motors, etc.
If you have any questions about specific materials, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.